Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake: Beautiful Treat for Everyone
We do not care what anyone thinks, but an Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake is not a Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake or a Texas Sheet Cake! This cake has neither compare nor different features compared to other Texas cakes. Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake is slightly related to the German Chocolate Sheet Cake. According to historians of culinary arts, the German Sheet Cake was what inspired the native Americans to bring a cake history of their own. And ultimately, they created the Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake.
Back in 1857, Sam German created the German Chocolate. And then the same recipe with little modifications was used to make the Texas Chocolate. Then the Texas Chocolate recipe was used to male the Old Fashioned Chocolate. And then this new recipe was passed to the rest of the country along generations. This was the original story behind creating and discovering the Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake. But still, this cake has the characteristic feature of all Texas cakes. It is the use of the ingredients Buttermilk and Pecans. The only difference is the method of chocolate plating the top and the melting, creaming, and beating procedure, you follow. This is really a substantial old stylized cake, easy to make and tastier to eat.
This cake is perfect, and as a matter of fact, this cake is totally moist. Many even hate the word! Also really dark and since this is an old fashioned cake, you can fill it with buttercream, whipped cream, and fruits. And candy filling, maybe! This cake melt in your mouth and so light.
Nutritional Facts-Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake
The nutritional analysis per serving of Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake is 630 calories, 20 grams of fat, 15 grams of saturated fat, 0 trans fat, 4 grams of monounsaturated fat. Hence, Old Fashioned chocolate sheet cake contains 3.6 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 96 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of dietary fiber, 70 grams of sugars, 7 grams of protein, 95 milligrams of cholesterol, 245 milligrams of sodium.
Some bakers confused and misunderstand this Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake with several different cakes, including Mexican chocolate cake, Texas cake, chocolate brownie cake, Texas sheath cake, Texas brownie cake, Brownie sheet cake, and Buttermilk cake. So, that is the reason for offering you the original recipe for the Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake.
Remember, all the ingredients in the list are necessary to get a perfect and delicious cake in the end. Even the slightest component plays a significant role in bringing everything together.Then, let us get baking!
Recipe: Easy to make quick!
For the Cake:
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 4 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (heaping)
- 2 sticks of Butter
- 1 cup of Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup of Buttermilk
- 2 whole Eggs ( Beaten )
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Pecans, walnuts
- 1-3/4 stick of Butter
- 4 Tablespoons of Cocoa (heaping)
- 6 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 pound (minus 1/2 Cup) of Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour together with sugar and salt in a mid-size mixin bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Now add cocoa to the butter and stir together until two ingredients combine together well. Then add the boiling water to the above mixer and allow the blender to boil for about 30 secs. Now turn off the heat and add the mixer over the flour and mix slowly but well.
- Now mix the buttermilk with beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Stir until the mixer to become butter – chocolate mixer.
- Then, pour the mixer to the baking pan (18 x 13). Next bake at 350 degrees for almost 20 mins.
- Then your cake is baking, make the icing topping. Chop the pecans for excellent size. Melt butter in a mid-size saucepan. Then add cocoa to melt butter and stir until combined and remove from heat after the mixer has combined perfectly. Add in milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar to the above blender. Stir until the mixer combines together. Now add in the pecans and stir well, then pour over the warm cake and flat the layer with a plate stick.
- Present decorated with fruits and chip chocolates.
In conclusion, this is the original recipe for Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake. There is no part you can miss from the entire method, even the last step because decorating with fruits was the tradition of the native Texas civilians. Then, we hope you will have a lovely time baking at home. Moreover, note that any cake tastes better if you add in ‘love.’ So, add in love and bake this Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake. All your family will start loving you from an excellent point, and that love will never end. Some say that this cake is too good to eat. Actually, you do not need to eat this because it just melts in the mouth! Then, what are you waiting for? Go, start baking!