Denver Chocolate sheet cake: complete guide to prescribe bakery
No matter you are thinking, a Denver chocolate sheet cake is not a Texas sheet cake! The cake is what it is. A Denver chocolate sheet cake is a particular type of sheet cake and the recipe first published in the Denver Junior League Cookbook. We discovered this recipe from the New York Times magazine.
Not only that but also many do not know where texas sheet cake originated or at least how the name was given. And this trouble is much mazed after the names. Buttermilk cake and Brownie sheet cake appeared. Then later many gave it different names including chocolate brownie cake, Mexican chocolate cake, Texas cake, Texas sheath cake, Texas brownie cake and the regular and no special chocolate sheet cake. We think Denver Chocolate sheet cake should also be added to this list. Yet, this Denver sheet cake has a little more height. All the mentioned cakes above have one thing in common, and that is the use of buttermilk and a nutty frosting.These types of cakes are straightforward to make and are the excellent choice to make when you have a massive crowd with hungry tummies waiting to be fed.
The nutritional analysis per serving of this cake is 633 calories, 25 grams of fat, 16 grams of saturated fat, zero trans fat, 5 grams of monounsaturated fat. And also Denver chocolate sheet cake contains 3.5 grams polyunsaturated fat,95 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams of dietary fibre, 71 grams sugars, 5 grams of protein, 90 milligrams of cholesterol, 253 milligrams of sodium.
Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe (serves 12) – Easy to make
For the cake:
- 16 tablespoons of unsalted butter in 16 pieces + 1 tablespoon of soft butter to grease the pan
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose none gluten flour + more for the pan
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
For the Frosting:
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter in 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 6 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 table of salt
- 1 pound of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans and peanuts
- For the cake; Place your oven rack in mid-position, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Now grease and flour a 9 by 13 sheet pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a big bowl and beat thoroughly.
- Now, mix butter, cocoa and 1 1/2 cups of water in a medium-size saucepan over mid-lower heat. Beat until the butter has melted frequently in and the mixture is smooth in texture, glossy and bubbling around from the edges. Next, remove from heat.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over moistureless ingredients and whisk well until the texture is smooth. Now whisk in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the prepared batter into the previously prepared pan and bake until the cake has risen and shrunken a bit from the edges. You need to test the cake whether it has baken enough using a clean toothpick, about 30 minutes later. Now, take the cake from the oven and place it in a rack for it to cool down completely.
- For the frosting: Mix the butter with cocoa and buttermilk in a small size saucepan over medium to low heat. Whisk frequently until the mixture has completely melted and is smooth and bubbling from the edges.
- Now, remove from heat and transfer the bowl onto a standing mixer bowl. This stand should be fitted using paddle attachments.
- With the use of a beater, mix vanilla, salt, sugar and nuts together until smooth and creamy. Next, pour the warm frosting over the top of the fresh cake, smooth the layer with a spatula. Now, allow the glaze to become firm and then slice the cake.
In conclusion, after completing all the steps in the above guideline, you will get a beautiful and delicious moist chocolate cake. Denver Chocolate Sheet cake is easy to bake and too good to eat. You will love baking the Denver Chocolate Sheet cake and eating it. So, what are you waiting? Go and grab everything you will need and start cooking! Give your love to your loved ones in a different manner and make them happy forever!