A cake is something that is made of flour and butter but given the life of supernatural power. Anna Smith understood this power, and we are going to discuss her fantastic creation, the Ree Drummond chocolate sheet cake! There is no way we are entering the talk without introducing her! She is a lady of iron will and the voice of the sky; there is no exception that she is ordinary. That’s the reason you need to know that the art of baking is similar to a pin in a wise heart that has both possibilities, to give life or to bring death! First, we will look in-depth to who Anna Smith was and the history of the Ree Drummond chocolate sheet cake.
Anna Marie Smith was born on January six in 1969. Anna’s nickname is Ree. She grew up in a tiny house viewing the grounds of a country club in the oil town of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, with two brothers, Doug and Mike, and a younger sister, Betsy. Anna’s father, William Dale Smith, an orthopaedic surgeon, and her mother Gerre Schwert are divorced. “Bill” Smith, as he is more frequently known, later married his current wife, Patsy. Drummond raised Episcopalian. She is an old grad of Pi Beta Phi camaraderie for women.
In April 2008, Drummond held a prognostic contest in the cooking section of her blog, The Pioneer Woman, in which she asked the audience to share one of their favourite recipes. The reaction was fantastic more than 5000 thousand recipes in less than a day or 24 hours. She understood that she had not only grown a group of loyal readers but a community of food lovers as well. She directly sought a way to catalogue the recipes and make them searchable for all.
So since you are packed with adequate knowledge on the creator and history, you need to get yourself dressed to start the process. Now, then let us get baking!
Are you ready?
Ree Drummond chocolate sheet cake recipe
This cake is the central theme of this article, and the given cake recipe is the original one of Anna Smith. The cake dough is the same in every Ree Drummond sheet cake, and it is the icing that makes the difference. You need to stick to the given measurements and work according to what is in the recipe. This will bring you the original taste!
For the cake:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 tablespoons of milk (heaped)
- 13/4 sticks of butter
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (heaping)
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pound of sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts and pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Next, mix the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir till combined well and keep aside.
- Mix buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda, and eggs separately in another bowl. Mix using a fork and keep aside.
- Melt butter and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Beat together and combine. At the same time, bring a cup of water to a boil. When the butter has melted, pour the boiling water into the saucepan. Allow to bubble well and turn off the heat.
- Now pour the previously made chocolate mixer into the flour mixer. Stir finely till the chocolate cools, and then mix the egg mixer into it. Now mix well until you get a smooth and delicate dough.
- Now pour into a baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
- While the bake is still baking, you have to make the icing. Forst melts butter in a saucepan at mid-heat. Then add in cocoa powder and stir until smooth and finely mixed. Now add in the vanilla. Milk and sugar. Then stir till combined well and add in the pecans.
- After removing the cake from heat, spread the icing over the warm cake. You need to avoid over mushy spreading, so try to spread the frosting evenly.
Baker’s note for ree Drummond chocolate birthday cake
This cake is popular among the United States citizens and American origin nations. But at present, this cake is a viral delicacy in the entire universe according to the baker’s note, Ree Drummond chocolate birthday cake the cake of fame. Many people bake this one for their special day, and some even make it a tradition.
When baking this cake for a birthday and especially a child’s birthday, you need to drop pecans in the icing menu. You can serve the cake spread no pecan icing and offer a bowl of M and M’s for the kids to decorate the cake themselves.
Or even the other best way is to allow the birthday boy or girl to decorate the cake with their favourite candy. We suggest you go for cotton candy, gumballs, mint balls, toffees, chip chocolates, and even fruits if you like. But remember to make to the decorative choice of sugar beans. Sugar beans are not going to match with the cake!
This cake can also be made with cupcakes too. How you do this is, fill muffin tray tins with a little full of a batter than the average amount you pour. And bake the usual healthy way, and this makes the baked cupcakes remain below the tray rim or only shorter. That will give you space to pour the icing into each tin after tin without much trouble and no leakages of icing.
This will be a surprise birthday cake, for sure!
In conclusion, we hope that you are now able to bake a Ree Drummond chocolate sheet cake and feel the taste of real tradition! Make sure that a cake is no ordinary food but a portion of food with magical powers! It can bring all together as a family and make everyone enjoy the slightest moment of life. So, then what are you waiting for? Make everyone happy!